Crossfit Garage, Crossfit Towne Lake – CrossFit
This is a very detailed WOD
If you are competing please take time to read the standards/rules very carefully and figure out the best plan for your team. This will be crucial for doing well.
Coach’s Choice (No Measure)
hit areas of body use in the strength/skill and WOD sections
Power Clean (5RM)
Know Thy Self (Time)
Total Team Reps to be completed:
200 Pull-ups, 200 Box Jumps(30″/24″), 8,000# Total Snatch Weight, 36,000# Total DL Weight, 400 Double UndersYou have two Barbells – and 2 sets of 15# and 25# plates, as well as 4 sets of 45# plates. You have to set the two barbells up front. And CANNOT CHANGE THEM (you can select a 15# or 33# in exchange for one of the 45# barbells at the start). Once the weights are set, they are set. You can however use the same barbell for 2 different movements – i.e. a 135# barbell is used for snatches as well as for Dead-lifts. You can use the bars for both movements, you simply cannot change the weight. Do your math ahead of time. If you fall short of the required reps, you will be penalized significantly. You must get the required totals, and it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. If the scorer sees you failed twenty minutes after your heat, you will be penalized. If you cannot multiply, please use a calculator. Here is the kicker – divide the work however you want, and accomplish it in any order, and partition it any way you like; BUT you will pre-select exactly how much work each team member is doing. Their card will be filled out with an exact number of reps for each movement (they don’t have to do any, it is up to your team to use your teammates as you like), the WOD is done when the last member of your team completes the LAST Amount of work required. No switching out work once the WOD starts. You will have four minutes to set up your barbells, and make sure your reps are recorded on the score cards before start. You will have four judges per team (two teams go at a time).Two Pull-up Stations, Two Boxes (all sizes so they can be flipped to accommodate either two guys, two girls, or even split), Two Barbells as described, two spaces for jump rope. You can never have more than two people doing the same movement.
• Pull-ups (RX and Masters): Fully extended elbows at the bottom, chin over bar at the top, not at the bar, but OVER. Jumping Pull-ups (OPEN): Fully extended arms at the bottom of the movement, chin over the bar at the top, we do not care how tall the box is, you either have to jump more or less, or squat more or less.
• Box Jumps (RX and Masters) – Jump up, step or jump down. PAUSE with hips fully open at the time. Box Step-ups (OPEN Division)
• Snatch – the movement is the same for all divisions. Total weight is different for OPEN. RX and Masters are the same. From the ground (if you set a 45# barbell, 33# barbell or 15# barbell with no plates, the movement is from below the knee cap), one movement overhead. You can press it out from over the head. Muscle, Power, Split or Squat are all fine. Bring yourself to FULL extension with feet aligned for the rep to count. Dropping from the top is acceptable.
• Dead-lift – the movement is the same for all divisions, less weight for OPEN than the RX and Masters. From the floor (if you choose a barbell without plates for deadlift, you will also start this barbell FROM THE FLOOR for every rep. So if you are using a 45# barbell for snatches, you might not want to deadlift it. Full extension of knees and hips, with shoulders behind the bar at the top.
• Double Unders (RX, Masters) – rope passes twice under for every jump. Forwards or backwards is fine. Single Unders (OPEN) – The rope passes once under for every jump, forwards or backwards is fine.